The following terms and conditions incorporate a legal agreement between you (“You”) and ipfinder GmbH (“ipfinder”, “ipfinder”) and set forth the terms and conditions by which ipfinder will make the ipfinder API service available in order to electronically provide You with use of and access to ipfinder Data & Services.
ipfinder API Services
For the purposes of this Agreement, “ipfinder API Services” shall consist of:
- all data and information feeds, media, software, and/or electronic documentation made available or supplied by ipfinder or its licensees and
- certain other software, data, and/or documents supplied by ipfinder or its licensees to facilitate use of such data or services. “ipfinder API Data and Services” means ipfinder’s service or application programming interface that allows You and other authorized licensees to access ipfinder API Data & Services and make use of ipfinder API Services. This Agreement includes all amendments, addendums, and revisions to the terms herein in effect between You and ipfinder from time to time.
By accessing or otherwise using the ipfinder API, You acknowledge that You:
- have read all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- agree to check the ipfinder API pages from time to time for any updates or amendments to the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and,
- have the power and authority to enter into this Agreement. If You do not acknowledge the above, You may not access or use the ipfinder API. If You are dissatisfied with the terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of ipfinder, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing or otherwise using the ipfinder API.
www.ipfinder.com is a site operated by ipfinder,
Scope of License
Grant of License
ipfinder hereby grants to You a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, and limited license for the term of this Agreement to access the ipfinder API and use ipfinder API Data & Services strictly for the limited purposes, and under the terms and conditions, as are set forth in this Agreement.
Scope of the ipfinder API License
Subject to Your compliance with the terms of this Agreement, You are hereby permitted to receive, process, and display ipfinder API Data & Services to individual end-users of your application(s), provided
- such end users use ipfinder API Data & Services strictly for their own personal use,
- You do not permit Your end users to store, distribute, or otherwise exploit ipfinder API Data & Services for any other purposes.
For clarity, and without limiting the forgoing, You are permitted solely to use ipfinder API Data & Services for reference by Your end users. Except as expressly provided herein, under no circumstances whatsoever may You transfer or permit the transfer of ipfinder API Data & Services outside of your application(s).
Use of License
You shall not:
- reproduce, copy, modify, distribute, market, display, transfer, sublicense, assign, prepare derivative work(s) or adaptation(s) based on, sell, exchange, barter or transfer, rent, lease, loan, time-share, resell, or in any other manner exploit ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API;
- make access to ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API available to unauthorized parties, or otherwise post or distribute ipfinder API Data & Services in any public forum including, but not limited to, print, newsletters, radio, television, or internet;
- remove, obscure, or alter any required notice or any notice of ipfinder’s intellectual property rights present on or in the ipfinder API, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, and/or patent notices;
- disassemble, translate, reverse engineer or otherwise decompile ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API;
- knowingly cause or permit anything that will impair, jeopardize, violate, or infringe the intellectual property rights of ipfinder in ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API;
- directly or indirectly dispute or contest the ownership, validity, or enforceability of the intellectual property rights of ipfinder in ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API, or assist any party to do so;
- through Your use of ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API, knowingly cause or permit anything that You know or ought to know will prejudice or hamper the reputation or goodwill of ipfinder;
- claim, use, or apply to register, record, or file any trade mark, trade name, copyright, or design that is identical or confusingly similar to ipfinder’s trademarks, or assist any other party to do so;
- use, store, or access any ipfinder API Data & Services, or the ipfinder API after the termination of this Agreement;
- use or permit others to use, market, distribute, or export ipfinder API Data & Services, or the ipfinder API; or,
- use ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API in any manner or for any purpose that violates any law, regulation or right of any person.
While usage of the ipfinder API is not subject to Your end users being made aware by You that ipfinder is supplying the functionality you are making use of in your application(s), Your inclusion of a clickable hyperlink to the ipfinder API website at https://ipfinder.com would be highly appreciated.
Your Responsibility to Safeguard
You shall use Your best efforts and take all necessary steps to safeguard ipfinder API Data & Services to ensure that no unauthorized reproduction, publication, disclosure, modification, distribution, or other use of any ipfinder API Data & Services is made in whole or in part. To the extent that You become aware of any such unauthorized use of ipfinder API Data & Services, You shall immediately notify ipfinder by emailing “email@example.com”.
Misuse of the Licensed Product
In the event that You or any end users use ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API in violation of this Agreement, as applicable, ipfinder shall have the option of electing liquidated damages.
Services and Data
Use of the ipfinder API
Subject to the terms herein, ipfinder will provide You with access to ipfinder API Data & Services over the Internet through the ipfinder API. All calls to the ipfinder API must reference the credentials issued to You by ipfinder. You may not disclose Your credentials to any other party. You are solely responsible for ensuring the secrecy and security of Your credentials and will be responsible for all activities that occur using such credentials. You shall not use the ipfinder API in a manner that exceeds reasonable request volume or constitutes excessive or abusive usage.
The extent of Your usage of the ipfinder API is dependent on Your subscription plan. You shall not exceed the usage limits associated with Your account. Unused amounts of call usage will not be carried over from one monthly period to the next. If You exceed Your monthly usage limit, the ipfinder API will return an error message stating that Your monthly usage limit has been reached and no further API calls can be made within the current monthly term. It is Your sole responsibility to ensure that your application(s) properly detect and handle any returned error messages. ipfinder will make reasonable efforts to help You identify and resolve usage problems, or to review the suitability of Your current subscription plan for Your needs. ipfinder reserves the right to limit or throttle the number of network calls available to Your application(s) if ipfinder (in its sole discretion) believes that such calls are being made for malicious reasons, or as the result of a technical error.
Responsibility for Software and Hardware
You shall be solely responsible for acquiring, providing, and maintaining all software/hardware and Internet Services required to access the ipfinder API, including but not limited to telecommunication and internet connections, ISP, web browsers, and/or other equipment and software required to access and use the ipfinder API.
Services May Be Inaccessible Or Inoperable
You hereby acknowledge that from time to time, the ipfinder API may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation:
- equipment (hardware) malfunctions;
- software malfunctions;
- periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which ipfinder may undertake from time to time; and/or,
- causes beyond the reasonable control of ipfinder and/or not reasonably foreseeable by ipfinder.
IP validation and lookup data returned by the ipfinder API as part of requests made to the API is sourced from a variety of different commercial and non-commercial sources, including ipfinder's proprietary IP address database, MaxMind and a series of Internet Service Providers around the world.
ipfinder is required to to state the following: This product includes GeoLite2 data created by MaxMind, available from maxmind.com.
Service Level Agreement
If the ipfinder API is unavailable to all ipfinder API customers for more than three consecutive hours in any one calendar day, beginning at 12:00:01 AM London time (GMT + 01:00) and ending at 11:59:59 PM London time (GMT + 01:00) of the same day, an outage will be deemed to have occurred. If there are more than three outages within any one calendar week, beginning at 12:00:01 AM London time (GMT + 01:00) on a Monday and ending at 11:59:59 PM London time (GMT + 01:00) on a Sunday, then You may terminate this Agreement, without liability, by providing written notice to ipfinder of Your intention to do so within one calendar week of the third outage. Upon such termination being accepted by ipfinder, You shall be entitled to a refund equal to the amount You have paid for the latest term.
Right to Change Content or Format
You acknowledge that ipfinder may from time to time, and in its sole discretion, update or change the content or format of ipfinder API Data or the ipfinder API. ipfinder shall strive to provide reasonable advance notification of such changes; however, from time to time sudden changes may be required, and since ipfinder strives to accurately reflect these and adjust to these changes, significant advance notice is not always possible. You may be required to use the most recent version of the ipfinder API in order to ensure functionality of Your application(s) with ipfinder API Data & Services.
Each Subscriber is permitted to state publicly that such Subscriber is a Subscriber of the Services. Each Subscriber agrees that ipfinder (ipfinder) may include such Subscriber’s name and trademarks in a list of ipfinder (ipfinder) Subscribers, online or in promotional materials. Each Subscriber also agrees that ipfinder (ipfinder) may verbally reference such Subscriber as a Subscriber of the Services. Subscriber may opt out of the provisions in this section by contacting ipfinder.com Support.
"ipfinder", "ipfinder.com", the ipfinder logo and other identifying marks of ipfinder are and shall remain the trademarks and trade names and exclusive property of ipfinder, and any unauthorized use of these marks is unlawful. Other trade-marks on the Services are the property of their respective owners.
Licensed, Not Sold
Use of ipfinder API Data & Services and the ipfinder API is licensed, and not sold.
Consent to Collection, Use, Retention, and Disclosure of Information
No Granting of Ownership Rights
You acknowledge that ipfinder owns all right, title, and interest (including but not limited to all copyright rights therein) in and to the ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API, and that You shall not take any action inconsistent with such ownership. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as granting You or any end users any ownership rights in or to any ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API.
ipfinder’s Right to Terminate
ipfinder reserves the right at any time to terminate this Agreement, or withdraw from distributing ipfinder API Data & Services or providing access to the ipfinder API, if for any reason it no longer retains the right to publish or distribute the ipfinder API Data & Services.
Provided in Good Faith
The ipfinder API is provided by ipfinder in good faith and although ipfinder endeavours to ensure that ipfinder API Data & Services and the ipfinder API are accurate and obtained from sources believed to be reliable, ipfinder does not guarantee or warrant:
- the accuracy, authenticity, timeliness, reliability, appropriateness, correct sequencing, or completeness of ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API; or
- that the ipfinder API Data & Services or the ipfinder API is free from errors or other material defects.
The ipfinder API and ipfinder API Data & Services are provided “as is” and “as available”, without any warranty of any kind and ipfinder, its affiliates, agents and/or suppliers, officers, directors, and employees expressly disclaim any and all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of the rights of third parties. In no event shall ipfinder be liable for indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages including, but not limited to, lost profits, lost data, or otherwise. In no event shall ipfinder, any of its affiliates, or any of their data providers involved in supplying, developing, operating, or managing the ipfinder API, be liable for indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages including, but not limited to, lost profits, lost data, or otherwise. In the event the limitations and disclaimers contained in this Article are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be ineffective or inapplicable, the parties agree that ipfinder’s maximum aggregate liability to You and all end users, whether arising in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, shall be limited, and in no event shall it exceed, the amount of fees paid by You for the current term.
You acknowledge that ipfinder is not, and is not affiliated with, a financial institution or financial data feed provider, but obtains its financial data from a variety of sources. You further acknowledge that financial data often differs between financial institutions and between geographic jurisdictions and accordingly may vary from that provided by ipfinder pursuant to this agreement. Although ipfinder has used its commercially reasonable efforts to obtain the most accurate and timely financial data available from the aforementioned sources, ipfinder makes no representations or warranties as to accuracy, authenticity, timeliness, reliability, appropriateness, correct sequencing or completeness of the ipfinder API Data or the ipfinder API. You acknowledge that no part of ipfinder API Data constitutes advice regarding financial, investment, legal, or tax issues, and that You and all end users should seek independent professional advice before making any decisions regarding such issues.
ipfinder does not represent or warrant that the ipfinder API, or access to the ipfinder API, will be uninterrupted or error-free or that errors in the ipfinder API and/or ipfinder API Data & Services will be corrected.
In no event shall ipfinder, any of its affiliates, or any of their data providers involved in supplying, developing, operating, or managing the ipfinder API be liable to You or to any end users in any manner whatsoever for any interruptions, delays, the unavailability or inoperability, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions, regardless of cause, in the ipfinder API and/or the ipfinder API Data & Services or for any losses, damages, liabilities or expenses resulting therefrom regardless of cause, even if ipfinder knew or should have known of the possibility of or could have prevented such damages.
Indemnification by You
You shall indemnify, defend, and save harmless ipfinder, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any loss, damage, liability or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, accountants’ fees and other legal expenses) to which any of them may become subject to and which are in any way related to or which have arisen under or in connection with:
- any act or omission by You or any person connected, affiliated, or associated with You with respect to this Agreement and/or the ipfinder API; and/or,
- any non-fulfillment or breach of any covenant or agreement on Your part pursuant to this Agreement or any incorrectness in or breach of any representation or warranty made by You contained in this Agreement.
These Terms of Service incorporate by reference all notices and disclaimers contained in the Services constitute the entire agreement between you and ipfinder with respect to access to, and use of, the Services. Except as specifically set forth herein, these Terms of Service supersede any prior agreements, including prior oral and/or written statements or representations not contained herein, between you and ipfinder relating to the Services. This agreement is not intended to create a partnership, joint venture or agency relationship between you and ipfinder.
If any provision of these Terms of Service is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any applicable statute or rule of law, the provision shall be deemed omitted to the extent that it is invalid, illegal or unenforceable. In such a case, the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service shall be construed in a manner as to give greatest effect to the original intention of the parties hereto. ipfinder's failure to insist upon, or enforce, strict performance of any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute or be construed or deemed to be a waiver of such right or provision in the future or a waiver of any other right or provision under these Terms of Service.
Should you have any questions, complaints, or comments about these Terms of Service, this service, or website, or require further clarification of any kind, please do not hesitate to contact us.